2021.09.18 03:55 Speedyniche Which highly regarded and/or critically acclaimed movie did you not enjoy?
For me, one of the films which come to mind is Dunkirk. It is highly rated and popular but it just didn't agree with me. I felt it didn't capture the scale of what would have been a monumental evacuation effort and certain scenes were unrealistic, like the one where a ship keeled over and sank after incurring one or two hits. Perhaps being a WW2 history buff didn't help.
Which movie, popular with viewers and critics alike, did you not enjoy?
submitted by Speedyniche to movies [link] [comments]
2021.09.18 03:55 ShreekarRinge Repost this pls
|submitted by ShreekarRinge to ForShub [link] [comments]|
2021.09.18 03:55 aBsTRacthomely Bella Thorne Morning Naked On Bed
2021.09.18 03:55 EmilyAmbar Glashtyn
Hi guys! My LI in Sins of London was Gray (yeah I know all of you hate him!) but as soon as Glashtyn appeared I felt attracted towards him and I'm considering switching Gray for him. But in the last chapter I made a mistake and chose Gray's option. The banner says this will ''influence my relantionship''. Maybe my relantionship with Glashtyn also? I'm seriously considering restarting from chapter 1 (for the 3rd time). Should I do it?
2021.09.18 03:55 xrebxbiex Black Canyon, Colorado
|submitted by xrebxbiex to pics [link] [comments]|
2021.09.18 03:55 MrNRebel For the love of what ever cosmic being
2021.09.18 03:55 Psychological-Ad4194 Confession
So, today, at school, I got to see my crush, yay. The only thing that’s preventing me from talking to crush is how scared I am, scared of being rejected. I keep having dreams of her, it got to the point where I woke up at 1 AM. Idk what I should do next.
submitted by Psychological-Ad4194 to Crushes [link] [comments]
2021.09.18 03:55 meowsgaming Wise words Kokomi.
|submitted by meowsgaming to Genshin_Memepact [link] [comments]|
2021.09.18 03:55 Erin327 [WTS] [Canada to Anywhere] New and Lightly Used Designer Perfumes Looking for a New Home! (Bottle)
All products being sold will be listed as Brand New In Box (BNIB), Not Used (NU), Swatched Only (SO), Lightly Used (LU) -- All swatched and lightly used products will be sanitized before shipping with Cinema Secrets Makeup Sanitizing Spray, but I also highly recommend sanitizing the products upon receipt of your order.
• Shipping from Canada to Anywhere – All prices are in CAD (can provide currency conversion for reference; however, payment is to be made in CAD).
• Items will be shipped at your cost via Canada Post. Shipping costs vary depending on type of shipping/tracking options, package dimensions, weight, and your address. Letters thicker than 2cm will not qualify as lettermail and will have to be sent as a parcel. I can provide shipping estimates and upon deciding your preferred shipping option, I will provide you with the total cost including shipping.
• Payment via PayPal F&F or G&S in CAD (if you are willing to cover fees); e-transfer preferred if residing in Canada. You have 4 hours to submit the payment so that I can ship it to you within 24-48 hours upon receipt of payment. I will provide a picture of the receipt with tracking to prove I have shipped the item.
• Once items are shipped, I am not responsible for any damages/lost packages/delays by Canada Post. I will however submit a service ticket if there is a delay in receipt of your tracked package. If you have chosen untracked shipping, I am unable to provide you with a resolution if your package is lost or stolen.
• Buy More Save More: Buy 10+ items – Save 20% on your total before shipping costs.
• Please PM me if you are interested in any of the below products. I can provide more detailed images if needed. Will answer PMs and comments by timestamp.
• Tory Burch Bel Azur EDP Gift Set (BNIB) - $100
• Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia EDP 100ml (BNIB) - $80
• Salvatore Ferragamo Incanto EDP 100ml (BNIB) - $15
• Burberry BRIT Sheer EDT 100ml (90% Full) - $70
• Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio EDT 100ml (80% Full) - $70
• Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche EDT 100ml (70% Full) - $65
• Tiffany & Co. EDP 100ml (70% Full) - $70
• The Body Shop White Musk EDP 50ml (100% Full) - $25
• Sex in the City Lust EDP 100ml (80% Full) - $10
submitted by Erin327 to fragranceswap [link] [comments]
2021.09.18 03:55 alchemicalchemist How would ghosts scare blind people?
2021.09.18 03:55 Muacarn Rand’s thing with killing women
So I know this topic has been debated before, but I’ve never been really won over by any of the arguments.
In the last year I’ve started rereading the series and am currently back in Fires of Heaven. Two developments in Rand’s character happen right at the beginning of the story: 1) He begins to hear LT in his head and 2) he begins to agonize over the death of women in a way that interferes with his greater objectives.
Of course, both of these turn out to be hugely significant for his personal arc throughout the series. But what’s interesting to me is that while hearing LT gets a very satisfying cause and conclusion, the issue with women dying seems less so. I’m inclined to think it’s why this quirk/fault of Rand’s character gets so downright frustrating… it just feels a little out of the blue. So, some theories I’ve seen:
1) Rand grew up in a pastoral setting with deeply engrained traditional values about harming women. Mat has this to a lesser degree. Perrin a little as well, though maybe even less.
My issue with this is that Rand’s struggle here doesn’t really formally appear until book 5. Up to this point, he dislikes the idea of harming women, but it doesn’t haunt him. In book three he brutally decapitates a woman on suspicions of being a darkfriend. In book four he prescribes some fates-worse-than-death to some of the Tairen nobles. These are the kinds of things that later in the series we desperately want Rand to do in some situations, but he can’t bring himself to it.
So, to me it seems more like character development. Rand not being able to harm women feels more like something that happens to him as he endures everything else, rather than it being just a byproduct of childhood values. So, other theories.
2) Rand is nuts and traumatized. I’ll accept this if I have to. I dislike the idea of this being part of Saidin’s taint, mostly because the madness from the taint is often characterized as being madness you wouldn’t accidentally mix up with non-magical mental disorders. Also in Rand’s case, we get a fuller and more satisfying explanation (and conclusion) of his personal madness relating to LT’s voice, but no such treatment with his inability to harm women in the latter 2/3 of the series. But the timing of its introduction fits, so I can’t ignore that.
Alternatively, it could just be normal trauma and madness, not related to the power. The man has certainly been through enough. But where Egwene’s character gets a very thorough arc with her trauma from being damane, we don’t get that on the page with Rand.
3) It’s a piece of LT getting transcribed into Rand without his realizing it, much like him getting random memories back. The timing fits great and the suddenness makes sense. But I’d expect this would be something Lanfear would be quick to taunt him over. My memory is not good here, though, and this theory doesn’t work if one of the Forsaken (or worse, LT) acts surprised over Rand’s impotence here.
4) RJ always intended it as a trait but just wasn’t as consistent in books 1-4. It seems like this is where many land, but I’ll give RJ the benefit of the doubt as long as I can.
So, would love to hear comments and criticisms. My memory of the later books is patchy at best and I may not be thinking of everything I should.
Also, I know RJ had some personal traumatic experiences here, which certainly explains why this ends up as part of Rand’s character. But it doesn’t settle the progression issue for me.
submitted by Muacarn to WoT [link] [comments]
2021.09.18 03:55 twg-bot PONTIAC
2021.09.18 03:55 snow4me2022 What Happened To the Pools?
2021.09.18 03:55 ThatK1ng What is the dumbest thing you've seen someone do?
2021.09.18 03:55 Web-Rand What if Chuck Norris was a god and everything in Chucknorrisfacts.net was true?
2021.09.18 03:55 ClassicSoulboy Biden's 'America Last' Administration: Every year is a bad year.
|submitted by ClassicSoulboy to walkaway [link] [comments]|
2021.09.18 03:55 hookylooky France has started off the 2nd, 4th, and 6th getting with toro grounding into a fielder choice immediately afterwards. All we need is a JK third Home run to complete the cycle.
2021.09.18 03:55 AdministrationHour84 🙄
Already and the Dodgers just lost. I don't know what's up with Giants throwing great 0 and 2 pitches but oh well. Definitely a long way to go but a 💩y start. Go Giants.
submitted by AdministrationHour84 to SFGiants [link] [comments]
2021.09.18 03:55 chaigirl0704 Stepkids forget my birthday… is that typical or plain rude?
Backstory: this is my 3rd year of knowing them so 3rd birthday with them. The first year I had just met them SD15, SS12, SD11 so it was not big deal I was a stranger. Last year it was a Covid quarantine birthday so we were together and my SO made dinner and cake and we celebrated. This year they were with their BM on my birthday but it hurt my feelings that they did not even message me with one of their many devices.
They always message me when they want something or need something or want attention. They want me to go to all this effort for their birthdays. I make them the cake they want, get them nice gifts, decorate, the whole nine yards. They have me plan themed birthday parties.
I did not need a card nor a gift but a simple Happy Birthday text would have made me feel special.
My SO does not like to remind them as he is a child of divorce and did not like when his Bio parents forced him to wish his step parent a Happy Birthday. He doesn’t like to force things on them. I think it’s just plain rude. All of us have birthdays close together so it should be an easy one not to forget.
This might sound petty and like I am stooping to their level but I really don’t feel like putting as much time and energy into them anymore. I feel like there is zero gratitude or appreciation. I understand it’s not good to do things and expect something in return but I’m tired of giving my time and energy.
Unfortunately, I think they take after their mom more than their dad. Rude, messy, lazy and takers rather than givers. I guess they are a product of their environment.
I think I just want to know if this has happened to other stepparents and if so how do you deal with it?
submitted by chaigirl0704 to stepparents [link] [comments]
2021.09.18 03:55 CircleJerk_ForKarma D3 newb question
I haven’t played in years. Does attack speed affect whirlwind hits per second or whatever? Will this increase my damage?
I have those bul kathos swords that increase whirlwind speed by 40% when in a set but it’s a -20% to my damage from my normal weapons.
I’ve tried running rifts with both configurations and can’t tell a difference in damage output. It’s an old barb I used to play forever ago.
Also I have that “of the wastes” set I forget the name. Sometimes I find slightly better items but I’m always reluctant to break my set perks. How do I know when to move on ?
submitted by CircleJerk_ForKarma to Diablo [link] [comments]
2021.09.18 03:55 maple_zzz this was really hard but i did it!!!! im not hacking btw😡😡😡😡
|submitted by maple_zzz to funkyfridayroblox [link] [comments]|
2021.09.18 03:55 jacksta2013 Rude Girl Revue - the ska mega group live at Supernova
|submitted by jacksta2013 to Ska [link] [comments]|
2021.09.18 03:55 Potential_House_4217 Ps4 need a gaurd 70 win%
2021.09.18 03:55 710Luke Nitrous and MDMA today!😵💫 first time
2021.09.18 03:55 sidj14 LF JAPANESE to ENGLISH translator for Video Instructions